SSC CGL Current Affairs Preparation SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) is the most popular exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission as it offers many exclusive positions in various government departments and offices such as Central Bureau of Narcotics, Ministry of Railway, Central Vigilance Commission, Ministry of External Affairs, CBDT (Inspector of Income Tax) and many others. CGL offers good salary and powerful positions as a government employee and therefore the competition level for this exam is too high. In recent years the General awareness section was played the main role in deciding the selection and qualifying of the exam. Candidates can check the CGL Notification from here. As for most of the candidates other 3 sections of the exam were almost same, he candidates who score well in general awareness section got the selection. Candidates can check the SSC CGL Current Affairs preparation tips from below.CGL Vacancies
Important Topics To Read for Current Affairs
It always worries candidates that what they should read and how much they should read. Usually candidates should read about all the important events that happened before 6 months of the exam. Yearly book and newspaper therefore are enough to prepare for general awareness section. Standard GK books like Lucent can also be considered for the preparation of general awareness section. Candidates can check How to prepare Current Affairs for SSC CGL details here. Some of the extra topics which can be considered for the preparation of general awareness section are given below.
- Sports events
- Noble prize
- Man Booker prize
- World Heritage
- Latest events
Check Best Books for SSC CGL Click Here
How to make notes
Making notes is one of the best ways to memorize the stuff but as the content of general awareness section is huge, making notes is also not an effective solution. Given below are the tips for the candidates preparing for any exam on how to make notes effectively.
- Buy a good quality notebook and make notes in that with proper space, good hand writing and good presentation.
- Don’t just write everything that you read, write only half a page with what you think can be asked in the exam. This is an effective SSC CGL Current Affairs preparation tips.
- Discussing what you read with friends can be really helpful in remembering things.
- Along with the important point also add a note of the questions that can be asked.
Revision of Important Points
Doesn’t matter how much you read or memorizes, unlit unless you revise the notes it will not make any differences. Therefore, make a proper time table to revise what you read. As forgetting things while preparing for so many subjects and topics, so make a group of friends and discuss with each other. This will let you know what they are reading and may be give you some points to prepare well. Don’t forget to revise all the things you read in a week. Candidates can also check the Preparation Tips for Maths, English and General Awareness from below.
How To Read Newspaper Effectively for SSC Exam
As discussed, reading news paper and yearly books can be really helpful for the preparation of general awareness section. But, as reading news is not as common as it was use to be in early days. The Hindu, Times of India, DNA are very good news papers but take a lot of time to read properly. Given below are the tips which can be useful for the candidates to make proper use of newspaper for the preparation of general awareness exam.
- Read the editorial page for the important news
- Skip bollywood, condolences, business page (mostly) as you won’t find anything related to exam there.
- Search for the news related to international event, environmental issue and social awareness.
- Read newspaper daily, as even one day of what you skip could be your 1st question in exam.
Last Updated: 14/01/2020.