SSC Stenographer Test 2019 Staff Selection Commission is one of the most preferred department of job. SSC conducts several exams for the selection of the candidates like Lower Division Clerk, Data Entry Operator and stenographer. Candidates can check the Steno Notification from here. Every year a large number of candidates appear in the SSC Stenographer examination. Due to this it gets quite challenging to clear the examination. However, having proper strategy before and during the Examination will help you succeed.
SSC Stenographer Important Dates
|Notification Release Date||20/09/2019|
|Last Date of Application||18/10/2019|
|Stenographer Exam Date||05/05-07/05/2020|
|Result Date||To be notified|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer Examination is conducted in mainly two phases. The first phase of Examination is Computer Based Test and the second phase is skill Test.
- Computer Based Test
- Skill Test
SSC Stenographer Computer Based Test Pattern
- The total time duration of the test is of two hours.
- There will be total of 200 questions which will be conducted only in online mode.
|Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||
SSC Steno Skill Test Pattern
|Stenographer Grade D||English||50|
|Stenographer Grade D||Hindi||65|
|Stenographer Grade C||English||40|
|Stenographer Grade C||Hindi||55|
Tier 1 CBT Syllabus
Computer Based Tests– The Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Computer Based Test consists of following section.
- General Intelligence And Reasoning
- General Awareness
- English Language and Comprehension
Skill Test– This stage of Examinations is conducted to test the candidate speed in noting down dictations. Candidate will be given 10 minutes dictation in both English/Hindi and he/she has to note down in a piece of paper. The Expected speed is 100 Words per minute for Grade C post and 80 Words per minute for Grade D post.
Candidates can check the detail Syllabus of Exam from below.Syllabus
How to Prepare for SSC Steno Stage 1 Exam
- Improve Your Logical Ability – This is very important to qualify this Examination since this Exam requires the candidate to have good logical understanding. Practice more and more and you can develop this.
- Read Newspapers and Magazines – Reading regularly will help you master the General Awareness section of Stage-1 Examination.
- Practice previous Year question papers – This is very essential to give the candidate knowledge about the type of question asked in this Examination.
- Take Mock Papers – This will not only help you identify your weak/strong areas but will help you in time management during the Examination.
- Making Notes – Making notes while studying will help you in last minute revision of the syllabus.
- Build a Strategy for your preparation – A proper strategy will help you in managing the time to complete your syllabus.
- Practice Important Topics – It is always advisable to go through the important topics at last for fresh revision of the syllabus.
Candidates can check some of the Best Books from below to help them prepare for the Exam.
SSC Steno Tier 2 Preparation Tips
It is conducted in two Stages.
Stage-1 – Here the candidate need to write the text as dictated by the dictator. If the candidate use the full word he/she will not be able to complete the text. And so the Candidate must make use of abbreviations and use the technique called “Shorthand”.
Stage-2 – In this stage the candidate have to use the notes which he/she has created earlier and use it to write the full text in the computer. The candidate need to have good typing skills in order to complete it in stipulated amount of time.
Last Updated: 09/01/2020.