SSC Steno Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Stenographer exam for grade C and grade D. The candidates who have passed 12th class from any recognized board are eligible to apply for this exam. There are about 1100 vacancies available. SSC Stenographer exam pattern offers a secure future along with many other benefits and that is why the competition for this exam is very high. The exam is divided into 2 sections out of which 1st section will be conducted online and in that paper candidate need to answer 200 objectives based questions. In 2nd section there will be a typing test for grade C and D position. The other useful details of SSC Steno Exam Pattern are as follows:
SSC Steno Important Dates
|Release of Official Notification||20 September 2019|
|Online Application Start||20 September 2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online||18 October 2019|
|Tier 1 CBT Exam Date||05/05 to 07/05/2020|
SSC Steno Exam Pattern
SSC Stenographer exam pattern is divided into 2 sections as per the tiers of the exam. However, there is no type of differentiation in the Stenographer Grade C Exam Pattern and Stenographer Grade D Exam Pattern. Here are the complete details provided as below.
- CBT (Computer Based Test): It’s an online exam of 200 marks where the candidate is supposed to answer 100 questions of 1 mark each. There is negative marking ¼ marks for each wrong answer. The total time given for the exam will be 120 minutes.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- Skill Test: The candidate is supposed to attend a dictation of 10 minutes in English and Hindi where he supposed to type at the speed of 100 words per minutes to be eligible for grade C and at the speed of 80 words per minute to be eligible for grade D.
SSC Steno Syllabus
With the proper syllabus it becomes very easy for the candidate to prepare for the exam. Given below are the very key topics on which the SSC Stenographer exam is based. Once going through these topics can help you to score more marks in the exam. Also you can check the official website of the Staff Selection Commission too to check the SSC Steno Syllabus of the exam tier 1 CBT and Tier 2 Data Entry Skill Test DEST along with the SSC Steno Exam Pattern.
Tier 1 CBT
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||General Awareness||English Language & Comprehension|
|Analogies||Indian History||Basic English grammar and sentence structure|
|Similarities and differences||Indian polity||Parts of speech|
|Space visualization||Indian geography||Articles|
|Problem solving||Indian constitution & scientific research||Active and passive voice|
|Analysis||Art and culture||Direct and indirect speech|
|Judgment||India and world economics scenes||Fill in the blanks|
|Decision making||Award and honors||Clause Test|
|Visual memory||Countries, currencies and capital||Sentence correction|
|Discriminating observation||Indian economy||Spellings|
|Relationship concepts||Government policies and schemes||Phrases and idioms|
|Arithmetic reasoning||Event and affairs of national and international importance||Antonyms and synonyms|
|Verbal & figure classification||Days and events||Spotting error|
|Arithmetic number series||Indian neighboring countries sports||Para jumbles|
|Non-verbal series||Books and authors||Phrase replacement|
|Abstract ideas & symbols||Science and technology||Comprehension reading|
|Relationships, arithmetic computation, analytical functions of abstract ideas & symbols.|
Tier 2 DEST
The candidate is supposed to attend a dictation of 10 minutes in English and Hindi where he supposed to type at the speed of 100 words per minutes to be eligible for grade C and at the speed of 80 words per minute to be eligible for grade D.
SSC Steno Exam Date
The official notification for the recruitment of Stenographers Grade C and Grade D is issued along with the complete details of the exam and recruitment process. These complete details are mentioned on the front top of the notification from the beginning. Also, we would like to tell you that the Online Tier 1 Computer Based Test SSC Steno Exam Date is from 05th May to 07th May 2020. However, you can visit the official notification too for more information of it.Notification
Important Points for Candidates
- Download and solve previous question papers to get better results in exam.
- Note down the topics which are taking your more and least time and make a strategy increase your speed.
- Make yourself up to date with the things going around by dedicating some time for news reading and surfing education websites.
- Make sure you spend at least 1 hour daily with keyboard to improve your typing speed along the accuracy.
- Take dictation test often improve your hearing ability. You can take the use of news channels.